Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

What I Was - Part #3

If you have read the 1st Part and 2nd Part of these post series of What I Was, then probably you have learned  what this all about.

So in this third part of the series, I will talk about "PRAYER". What is it? How it's being treated in our lives and how should we live by it as Christians.

Since I was converted, I knew and can see the changes in my life. I now have a prayerful life more than that I was before. Prayer is now a daily routine of my life(not just when I remember to do it). The fact is that., most of people don't tend to spend time in prayer because it's just a waste of time! It's better for them to "WORK" "WORK" "WORK"!


Now if you see your prayers aren't answered, then it's because of many reasons. Just few of the reasons I knew are these..first is, you don't knew Christ in your LIFE(Accept Him as Your Lord and Savior). Second is, you have asked something for a self-gain(James 4:3).Third is that, God knows you can't handle the things you have asked properly and that you will just use and lead them in WASTE. He knows the BEST for YOU, just give time to LISTEN!

I Thought REPETITIVE PRAYER is GOOD!


If you're a Catholic then you were taught of praying to Mary repeatedly of "Hail Mary", "Our Father", "Holy Mary", "Glory Be" and others I haven't mentioned.

During my Elementary days, in the event that was called confessions of our sins into a priest , I was told by the Priest to pray 5 times of Our Father 2 Hail Mary's and such after I told my sins to him(now I see it VAIN!). I will talk about "Confessions of our Sins to Priests" in the 4th Part of this Series.

Repetitive PRAYER is VAIN

Have you ever wonder if what was the Bible teaches about "Prayer"?. Prayer wasn't merely to be repeated over and over as it will be called vain repetitions. In Matthew 6: 7(please read), Jesus taught us NOT to "Pray" our Prayers in VAIN repetitions. The reason? - read Matthew 6:8.. and then Jesus taught us the "MODEL" PRAYER(not merely to be PRAYED OVER and OVER) in Matthew 6:9-13.

Let me Explain then...


Matthew 6:8 says God knows what we have need of before we asked them. Then why still we need to Pray? The answer then is found in James 4:2-3. Prayer just simply means to ask! It's asking in the reverence of the name of Jesus Christ.

Though God knows what we need, it's then our DUTY to OBEY HIM. Prayer then is the GESTURE of our Humbleness toward God that we need of things unto Him. That we believed., He is the ULTIMATE Creator and "Source" of everything in this WORLD and of we have needed(materially & SPIRITUALLY). That we can't do nothing of ourselves without Christ.

Now then how was your prayer life? Are you just praying in the event that you just want to do it? Or haven't  your ever give time in prayer at all?

Prayer is part of our daily battle to our FLESH..that our FLESH should be mortified on its Sinful deeds.

In times of prayers, you might encounter the FLESHY deeds... "laziness", "drowsiness", "troubled mind" and such.. What  can you do about them? Look to Jesus on what He did on the Cross for you. He was crucified and died for your sins and mine and He rose again by the Father to prove us that He is indeed the Christ. See the Cross of Calvary as the SEA and our WORKS as just drop of DEW!

If you haven't received Jesus Christ in your life., have the time to ACCEPT and RECEIVE HIM in your heart and LIFE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment